Work closely with professionals of every kind to design products.
Available Internship Period:
October 2021 – December 2021
January 2022 – December 2022
Please send the following materials to [email protected] (Evelyn Goh) with the title Application to Project Manager Position.
- Your most recent resumé/CV
- A copy of your portfolio, which should contain some sample code of any project you’ve written, with a brief explanation of said project.
At ADI, you’ll design and create a broad variety of items, ranging from everyday products (such as mobile phones, household appliances, or toys) to large-scale projects (such as industrial tools, equipment and machinery). You won’t simply be improving or make adjustments on existing products in terms of functionality or visual appeal – you’ll be assisting in creating entirely new products to be manufactured.
Work closely with engineers, model-makers, and sales, along with other skilled professionals, to create final deliverables for our clients. Learn from the best designers, prototypers, and visualisers to bring your concepts to life; arm yourself with the skills you’ll need to succeed as a designer, and learn that even innovation has traditions that can be broken.
- Passion for design
- Great time management skills
- Good communication skills; comfortable liaising with clients
- Great attention to detail
- Conducting design proposals and presentations
- Documenting work and updating throughout project
- Participation in team meeting and brainstorming sessions to develop new ideas or resolve problems
- Managing the development of prototypes from various material and manufacturers
Technical – either a familiarity with, or a willingness to learn!
- Concept development and 3D modeling; familiarity with 3D-modeling CAD software such as Solidworks
- Creative problem solving
- Communicative sketching/drawing
- Prototyping with laser cutters, 3D printers and other manufacturing machines
- Familiarity with common workshop techniques and safety
- Design research and user experience study
- Detailing concepts for quotation and prototype development
- Developing detailed design drawings for component manufacture using Solidworks
Non-Essential Skills that are Highly Regarded:
- Experience in Adobe Design Suite
- Understanding of UX
- Engineering background (mechanical, electronics)
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Communication skills