Analyse projects, produce blueprints, create test items, and oversee the entire prototyping process.
Please send the following materials to [email protected] (Evelyn Goh) with the title Application to Project Manager Position.
- Your most recent resumé/CV
- A copy of your portfolio, which should contain some sample code of any project you’ve written, with a brief explanation of said project.
You’ll be working on designing, researching, and prototyping for our projects, and will produce blueprints, create test prototypes, and oversee the prototyping process. You’ll collaborate with the design and prototyping teams on various projects, using in-depth knowledge of the latest design trends and engineering software to lead the way.
- Use a wide variety of techniques, drafts, and tools to design and create required prototypes, from individual components and parts (e.g. seals) to completed, assembled prototypes (e.g. robots)
- Given instructions, designs, or rough ideas by designers, and from these instructions plan and create the items necessary for prototyping.
- Carry out research into the style, specifications, methods needed to prototype.
- Research and draft blueprints, engineering plans, and graphics.
- Design and build setup for testing features or mechanisms during the design phase
- Help to design and implement prototypes that will determine which direction the actual product will eventually take.
- Liaise with external creators and industrial contacts if need be – for instance, liaising with industrial experts and artists to create both functional and artistic glass pieces, or liaising with various metal experts to create casing designs.
- Plan for and acquire the necessary tools and materials necessary for make products. Evaluate various material/product candidate options and select the best items for prototyping.
- Adapt existing items on the market according to prototyping requirements.
- Operate any specialised props if delicate and if need be.
- Determine feasibility of a proposed solution, eg. how much will it cost, how long will it take to make
- Evaluate between different ideas/prototypes for the design requirement
- Assess all engineering prototypes to determine issues or risks.
- Identify possible solutions via building new prototypes or using existing mechanism/designs
- Use design software to develop models and drawings of new products.
- Maintain existing engineering records and designs.
- Coordinate with other engineers, management, and the creative department.
- High familiarity with typical workshop tools, including woodworking tools and skills.
- Metalworking skills are a plus
- Familiarity with workshop machinery such as 3D printers, laser cutters, vacuum forming, etc.
- Familiarity on working with common materials:
- Soft materials: silicone, cloths, polymers, other newly-created materials, etc.
- Hard materials: paper, plastics, metal sheets, fibreglass, polystyrene, wood, cotton, etc.
- Wide knowledge of the basics of prototyping: technical drawing, a good knowledge of computer design packages, the ability to work safety with typical industry materials as above.
- Flexible and versatile, able to work imaginatively and with ingenuity with creative problem-solving skills.
- Eye for detail and accuracy.
- Be open to new ideas of prototyping and to learning new skills and techniques
- Able to work with external deadlines and under own initiative
- Good communication skills.